Wednesday 8 August 2018

T
Emily Berry


This hope              with Australian wild peach
              is what keeps me going
                    I spell your name
with macadamia nut            never mind jojoba
                                                      One oil is the aroma
the other is the carrier              Often I wonder:
              how does the carrier feel?
                I always see hierarchy
Some letter of the alphabet, for example
are more powerful                                  T is one
T is such a strong character...

            Top note, heart note, base note:
which would you rather be?              I call my dad
to ask what botanicals were in vogue in his day
Whenever I pick up the phone I hear the sea
             Maybe balsam? he says
Sometimes the last one you think of
             is the one who'll know


No comments:

Post a Comment